Learn from this successful WAHM and create your own success. From helpful articles to creative tips, we have something for everyone!



Find Articles for building a better business, Sales and Specials, from fellow WAHMs, Party tips, Fundraisers, Product Reviews, Advertising, WAHM Tips, Recipes, and so much, much more! Take a moment to visit some of our favorite links before you leave. Don't forget to leave your comments and interact with others. Enjoy!

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible"

~ Anonymous

Tea Time with Liv

Are you asking me or telling me?

A big problem with newcomers to marketing is knowing how bring traffic to websites. Part of that is the language used to entice people to visit. Are you asking me or telling me?

When you ask someone to visit your site you are just letting them know it is available. 99% of the time they won't. The other 1% will because they are curious or being courteous. Doesn't look for sales does it?

Internet marketing is tricky. Everything is written so it is hard to convey your feelings through the written word. Asking someone if they want to look at your site makes you sound unsure, unexcited, inexperienced. This is exactly what you do not want to portray.

Internet marketing and sales is addressing an issue and solving it. You need to tell those potential customers you have exactly what they are looking for. Don't ask them if what you have will work. You are the expert in this area.

Assume your potential customer wants your business card, catalog, flyer, samples. If they truly do not want what you have to offer they will decline giving you an opportunity t overcome the objection professionally and without pressure. Online you do the same. Automatically ask for an email address so you can email them a digital catalog, flyer, brochure. Along with these offer a coupon.

DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT add your potentials to your address book without their permission. There is nothing more damaging than spamming a potential customer right off the bat. You might as well check that person off your list if you engage in this behavior. There are better ways to get potential and current customers on mailing lists which we will discuss at a later time.

So next time you advertise or talk with a potential customer, don't ask them. Tell them. You will have far more accept than if you ask.

Olivia Vidal
© 2009


© 2008-2010 Liv's WAHM Blog™ All Rights Reserved