Learn from this successful WAHM and create your own success. From helpful articles to creative tips, we have something for everyone!

 


Welcome!

Find Articles for building a better business, Sales and Specials, from fellow WAHMs, Party tips, Fundraisers, Product Reviews, Advertising, WAHM Tips, Recipes, and so much, much more! Take a moment to visit some of our favorite links before you leave. Don't forget to leave your comments and interact with others. Enjoy!

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible"

~ Anonymous



Tea Time with Liv



Product Review - MonaVie

This month I had the privilege of reviewing something a little different. I was approached to try MonaVie for 2 weeks and document my experience. What makes this different than before? This was a long term commitment for a true experience. Before it has been 1-2 experiences with one product documented after short term use.




My distributor Andrea Ugalde arranged for me to receive 2 bottles of MonaVie Active to consume over a 2 week period. I was to drink 2 ounces twice a day. I decided the best way for me to commit and consume this product regularly was once when I woke and just before bed.

Here is some brief information found on their site about the formula I will be reviewing.

Enhances your body's joint health.
MonaVie Active features the additional benefits of plant-derived glucosamine, which has been scientifically shown to promote healthy joint function by targeting mobility and flexibility. Designed to support joint performance and recovery, this vital formula delivers the resources your body needs to get moving.


Supports your body's antioxidant and nutritional needs.
MonaVie features a delicious blend of the Brazilian acai berry - one of nature's top superfoods - and 18 other body-beneficial fruits. This Balance-Variety-Balance approach to nutrition delivers powerful antioxidants and phytonutrients to help fight free radicals and maintain your body's overall health.

I received the bottles and literature on January 9, 2009 just 4 days after our discussion concerning the product review. I received 2 bottles well packaged and an envelope full of information about MonaVie.

I began taking MonaVie on the morning of January 13, 2009 with 2 ounces as instructed. I have kept my bottles in the refrigerator as suggested for the best flavor.

My initial reaction was my thought of the feel of the product. It reminded me of a very thin smoothie. It was not very sweet but it also did not feel as though it lacked sweetness. As a whole food product as it has been explained this only contained its natural sugars found in the fruit itself. While this was something different than I have ever tried I was not turned off. Being someone so picky about her food those around me actually took notice I didn't cringe at the thought of having to continue this for 2 weeks.

The first 1-3 days I did not notice any change and my notes did not indicate anything different. I noted my weight on day 1 and will reweigh on day 14. I noted pain levels, my mood, my appetite, my energy. Everything I do in a normal day is being noted so if there is a change that I may not notice, I will find it within my notes.

Day 4 one thing was different. I did not take a nap. This was different as the last several months I have been battling heavy fatigue during the day to the point I was falling asleep at the computer if I did not tell myself to take an appropriate nap. I was still tired though just did not need a nap.

I had expected to go through detox after a couple of days and on day 5 I still had not. I may have just not noticeable enough to be outright obvious it was detox. I again had no nap on day 5.

Day 6 I was tired enough to take a nap. I did all I could to keep my eyes open but like most days in the past several months fatigue took over. This day I noticed I was thirsty more than usual. I usually go through about 5 large glasses of diluted Crystal Light and random glasses of water through the day. This day I increased to 8 glasses of Crystal Light and more water. I did not record my random glasses of water as I should have so this information is not available.

Day 7 I noticed I made less mistakes. Being I have adult ADD and have lived with ADD since my youth I felt every piece of my history should be noted at any change. I noted all mistakes, anything forgotten, anything started that was not completed when it should have. While the it was not significant I did make fewer simple mistakes than usual. I am still thirsty. I drank 7 glasses of Crystal Light and 2 full glasses of water but again I did not notate all random drinks of water.

Day 8-9 mistakes were lesser by 10% from when I started, my energy level seemed higher. I felt less tired, no naps. Less thirsty. This day I recorded 6 glasses of Crystal Light, 2 glasses of water, and notated I felt I made less trips to the sink for a drink of water. I did however note my back hurt a bit more than usual. I have chronic pain stemming from nerve damage in my low back and sciatica as well as arthritis in my pelvis. I have dealt with this since Jan 2004 when I became disabled and unable to work outside of the home. Bad days are not unusual but I did note it so I am including it.

Day 10 I was once again tired to the point I needed a nap. I noted in my diary I thought I only took 2 naps to this point. Looking back I can see I did still take naps the first 3 days. While I have leveled out on mistakes meaning no more than when I started and no less than I indicated earlier in this review I did notice I felt sharper. When I did make a mistake I seem to catch them faster. When a tough question was presented I didn't think on it as long. My husband noticed this as well. My fidgeting has not lessened or my constant being on the go did not drop.

Day 11 my back once again is noted as being painful. I had more bathroom trips this day than other days. Nothing seemed unusual just more frequent. No nap today. I did find myself standing and stretching more often to find renewed energy and just keep my joints and back from tightening. Today I seemed more aware of time. No notations of losing track of time especially when it came to making dinner on time. This day I began working on a dinner plan about 5pm instead of the usual 6pm close to the time my husband is to arrive home.

Day 12 I took my morning shot late. It actually came around 2pm in the afternoon. My appetite seemed less. Even when bored I didn't seem to be hungry. When I ate my portions seemed lesser than the previous 11 days. I went to bed earlier this day. No more tired than usual just in bed earlier.

Day 13 my appetite was the same and had not increased to before. I felt good. Energy was up. Not tired. No nap needed. One thing did happen and that was my back went out on me. Felt as though someone took a bat across the lowest part of my back closest to my hips.

Day 14 still in pain. I was tired this day and did require a nap. My appetite was the same. No increase. My thirst increased again; 8 glasses of Crystal Light 3 glasses of water. I had a hard time holding my weight for long so my weight was not taken this day. My final shot for the 2 weeks left me with just over 1/2 a shot in the bottle.
.
Although this was a 14 day review I did take the last bit left the MonaVie. This day I was able to stand long enough to support my own weight without assistance so I did take my weight. I did not have a weight loss during the 14 day product review.

During this 14 day review I did notice a few differences - my energy level increased, fatigue was lesser, appetite decreased towards the end of the 14 day review, I became more aware of time, I made 10% less mistakes than when I started, felt sharper during normal day to day tasks during work and personal time. Others noticed some differences and even commented.

Overall my experience with MonaVie has been very positive. The increased energy was a blessing. Nobody could explain the decrease expect for to suggest exercise and change in diet. Without changing anything I did during a normal day including my diet my energy was noticeable. I still had occasion to take naps but certainly not daily as my routine dictated the last several months. While I did notice my appetite decrease I had wished it occurred earlier in the review for better notation. Just seeing the decrease with no changes in my day to day life and diet I was pleased to see my body told me when I had enough before I felt full.

In the end I think this is a fabulous product. I was hesitant at first since I have tasted product like these and they were definitely lacking in the pleasant department. I did hope that being the MonaVie Active formula I would notice some difference in movement or even pain. Had this been a longer review this may have been the case so I cannot fault the product in this area.

I do recommend this product. The experience was wonderful and enlightening. I felt better overall and found something to address an issue that has been bothersome and even embarrassing at times; my energy level.

Andrea Ugalde has been fantastic during this entire process. She has been very attentive, answered my questions fully and within a reasonable time frame. She contacted me several times during this process to see how I was doing and answer any questions I had without feeling as though I was bombarded. Unlike many representatives/distributors I have come across lately, Andrea has been very professional through and through.

I am curious to see how things would take shape after a full month of continued use. I will be looking into making a purchase and exploring this during a full month.

MonaVie can be ordered from Andrea's website at http://www.thegreatproduct.com/ugalde. More information is available about MonaVie if you contact Andrea at Ugalde.RUJuiced@yahoo.com. She can provide you with literature about MonaVie and she has information on opportunities with MonaVie. If you have ever been curious about MonaVie I encourage you to contact Andrea for more information and see is MonaVie is right for you.

***UPDATE***
Andrea has just announced during February you can join MonaVie as a distributor for free. Contact Andrea Ugalde at Ugalde.RUJuiced@yahoo.com for more information on how to sign up and the benefits you receive as a MonaVie distributor.

*I am in no way associated with MonaVie or compensated for my personal product review. My statements are my personal experience and do not directly reflect the views and opinions of MonaVie or Andrea Ugalde.

Olivia Vidal
© 2009
http://sochicbagboutique.com

1 comments:

Brigitte Anderson said...

Awesome Olivia!
Thank you for sharing!
I Plan to purchase, this product
next week, as I have heard great
things about the main ingredient
in this product which is the acai
fruit! which I believe Oprah raved
about, on one occasion!
God knows I could use the energy
due to my busy schedules.

Thank You again!
Brigitte Henry

© 2008-2010 Liv's WAHM Blog™ All Rights Reserved