Learn from this successful WAHM and create your own success. From helpful articles to creative tips, we have something for everyone!

 


Welcome!

Find Articles for building a better business, Sales and Specials, from fellow WAHMs, Party tips, Fundraisers, Product Reviews, Advertising, WAHM Tips, Recipes, and so much, much more! Take a moment to visit some of our favorite links before you leave. Don't forget to leave your comments and interact with others. Enjoy!

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible"

~ Anonymous



Tea Time with Liv



Why are you a WAHM?

We all become WAHMs for various reasons. I am curious as to why and how some of you become WAHMs. I think this is interesting and will be very inspiring to others considering being a WAHM.

I personally became a WAHM out of boredom. I became disabled in Jan '04 due to chronic pain, sciatica and arthritis in my pelvis, stemming from a bad car accident in 2000. I had been in direct sales for many years as a hobby. I enjoyed the extra money and was exciting to get out and meet new people. Now that I could no longer work outside of the home I was bored. I am not used to being sedentary.

In late 2004 I started with a nationally recognized candle company which I enjoyed very much but due to the physical limitations and the need to bring along an extensive demo display I could not longer pursue my new business. I decided to take time off and rethink where I wanted to go.

In late 2006 I found a cute bear stuffing company. This was the home based business similar to the bear stuffing company you see in the mall today. I had a great time and made a great income.

In early 2007 a very dear friend going through a similar situation when it came to pain passed away. His dream was to write a book and build a business. I was devastated. I lost my best friend. I said I would never let go of my dreams or allow them to stay on the back burner. This was time to start catching my dreams.

Around the same time a new company was formed with a great concept for mineral makeup for tweens and teens. I had to join and jumped in with both feet starting off as a Senior Consultant. Unfortunately the bear stuffing company was sold to a larger company that did not allow membership of other companies geared towards tweens. I had to make a choice. I left the bear company to continue with the mineral makeup company.

The mineral makeup company was my life. I took on various staff positions while building my own business because I loved it that much.

In Jan '08 I was given the amazing opportunity to purchase So Chic Bag Boutique. I had said for a few months previous that I wanted the company and would jump if it was every sold. My chance was presented so I took it. I later left the mineral makeup company to dedicate myself to So Chic Bag Boutique. Although I was very sad to leave it was the best decision I ever made. Nearly 1 1/2 yrs later So Chic Bag Boutique is still going strong. The physical demands can be overwhelming at times but the flexibility allows me to take breaks when needed. While I joined a few companies along the way and even continue with a few, So Chic Bag Boutique is my heart and soul.

I started this blog because I found a lack of information geared towards the WAHM and the starting of their business. I wanted to provide great information and my own experience all in one place. I started the Liv's WAHM Blog Message Board as a place for WAHMs to come together and learn from one another as well as network. There seems to only be message boards dedicated to WAHMs that a geared towards the advertising end. We needed a place to learn from one another so Liv's WAHM Blog Message Board was created.

My inspiration for doing what I do today is all because of my dear friend Art. Tomorrow may never come so I want to live my dreams today.

So how about you? How did you become and WAHM and why? What about you WAHDs? Why did you decide to be the WAHD?

0 comments:

© 2008-2010 Liv's WAHM Blog™ All Rights Reserved